This training will change completely after spring 2022. The training becomes broader, more intensive, and therefore also more expensive. Because April 28 – May 1, 2022, is the last round in this form, this training is offered once for a very reduced rate, to give everyone who wants to, one more chance to follow this training in this form.
Cuddling is awesome! You have experienced how it can change your life yourself. How we all have the desire to be held, but not always the opportunity to do so.
And now you are dreaming of offering people that opportunity.
And to generate an income out of it.
Because that’s the best thing: living your passion. People paying you money for the value you provide is perfectly appropriate. Without touching we die. The biggest threat to our health is stress. And it so happens that cuddling reduces stress levels!
Giving Cuddle Workshops and Cuddling sessions is something you can make a full living out of. You might also already be a therapist, coach, yoga teacher or something else, and want to add Cuddle Workshops and sessions to your current range.
Where to start?
This is the training to become an approved Cuddle Workshop International Facilitator, taught by the founder of Cuddle Workshops International, Wilrieke Sophia.
During the initial 4-day course you will learn all the basics. You become an apprentice and learn in our apprentice community, for example by assisting certified facilitators. You will host trial workshops and video them. When your workshops have the expected quality, you will receive your certificate.
This course will not only teach you how to give a Cuddle Workshop. You will also learn what you need to be a great facilitator, as well as some basics on how to set up your business.
You won’t be on your own after the course is over either. You will remain part of a community that is there to support you, coaching, platforms for promoting your workshops, and which will grow together with you.
Design of the training
The training consists of three parts. In the first part, we will work live with each other for four days. In part two you will have the chance to practice and be present at cuddle workshops. In part three you will give workshops and/or sessions yourself. You can go through parts two and three at your own pace. The training is facilitated by Wilrieke Sophia.
Part 1: Training
Your training starts with a four-day training in which you get a broad basis. The program looks something like this:
Thursday: Introduction & introduction, the advantages of cuddle workshops; rules of the game; designing a good workshop; dealing with emotions in participants/clients.
Friday: We will discuss consent in detail on the basis of The Wheel of Consent, and other important dynamics (how do you prevent #metoo?).
In the evening there is a cuddle workshop that is part of the program. You are involved in the preparation, set-up, workshop (half of the group as a participant, half as a team member) and debriefing.
Saturday: Reflection Friday evening; set-up and content of an individual cuddle session; what makes a good teacher; how do you create a team?
In the evening there is again a cuddle workshop that is part of the program. You are involved in the preparation, set-up, workshop (half of the group as a participant, half as a team member) and debriefing.
Sunday: Reflection Saturday night; practising leading structures with feedback from each other; setting up your own business, creating a network, peer support, feedback system, new inspiration etc.
Part 2: Learning by Assisting
In part 2 you get a place in my team. You are invited to be at Cuddle Workshops as a participant or assistant. In this way you can not only be present at workshops and thus gain experience, but you also get the opportunity to ask me all your questions. Why do I do things a certain way? What would I do if…? You have an idea for an exercise and are curious if it will work. This way you get practical experience without fully bearing the responsibility for a workshop. You choose how long part 2 lasts.
Part 3: Give your own Workshops
When you feel ready, you can start giving your own workshops. Don’t worry if you don’t have a network (yet): I’ll help you with that.
You start with giving trial workshops. This can simply be for a group of friends at your home. Are you ready? Then you can take the exam. You record the workshop on video and send it to me afterwards*. I give you feedback for improvement. When you meet the quality requirements, you will receive your certificate and you will be included as a recognized Cuddle Workshop Facilitator under the flag of both Cuddle Workshops Netherlands and Belgium and Cuddle Workshops International.
* With a maximum of three video submissions.
Part 4 (optional): Community
After the training, you are not alone. (Optional) part of the training and being a recognized cuddle workshop facilitator is the community of facilitators. Because you can use my network, you immediately have a broad audience. In addition, you will find support, feedback, inspiration and advice in the community.
What do you get being part of the community?
I don’t just want to train teachers and then let you figure everything out on your own. The majority (about 80%) of new entrepreneurs or companies fail within the first year. after five years, there are even fewer left. One of the main reasons for this is a lack of guidance. Another is the lack of network. And that’s what I want to offer you. After you have obtained your certificate, you are automatically part of the Community
Here are some of the benefits of the Community:
- You will receive a profile on the websites www.knuffelworkshops.nl and on www.cuddleworkshops.org. You provide your own bio, the environment where you give workshops and sessions and you can link people directly to your website and / or Social Media. This website is easily found by Google. In addition, I make continuous efforts to make and keep this site the homepage for cuddle workshops in general, among other things by keeping the website alive, looking up media, etc.
- You may place the logo of Cuddle Workshops International and Knuffelworkshops Nederland en België on your site, which shows that you are a recognized Facilitator. You can also mention and use my name (Wilrieke Sophia).
- Your workshops are listed on the website of Knuffelworkshops Nederland en België, Cuddle Workshops International, and all our Social Media channels.
- You can make Cuddle Workshops International and Knuffelworkshops Nederland en België organizer of your Facebook events, so that you create both reliability and exposure because your cuddle workshops are also placed on the Facebook page of Cuddle Workshops International and Knuffelworkshops Nederland en België.
- You are a member of a private group of Cuddle Workshop Facilitators. In this group you can ask your coaching questions, ask for advice, seek inspiration, share/find new exercises, create collaborations, etc. In addition, you can ask for intervision and feedback, but also ask for support if complaints come to you. Continuously growing and reflecting yourself is essential part of being a good facilitator!
- You ongoingly have the opportunity to assist at my cuddle workshops. This gives you a chance to get inspiration, ask questions and get extra coaching.
Dates and Location
This last edition of the Facilitator training will take place from 28 April to 1 May 2022 at Kanaalweg 84A in Utrecht.
Please note that this building is less accessible for disabled people. We do our best to accommodate limitations. Feel free to send us a message to investigate together whether, and how, we can support you.
Thursday 10.00h – 18.00h
Friday 10.00h – 22.30h
Saturday 11.00h – 22.30h
Sunday 11.00h – 18.00h
There will be breaks for lunch and dinner. There are several dining options within walking distance as well as a lounge area, fridge and simple kitchen with electric hob (1 burner) in the workshop location.
The complete training (part 1 to 3) normally costs € 1495, – ex. VAT. To make this last round as accessible as possible, the course only costs € 895,- ex VAT.
This amount includes 4 days of training in Utrecht incl. use of workshop room and facilities. Meals and overnight stays are arranged by the participants themselves. Wilrieke arranges tea, water, some snacks and a gift upon arrival.
In addition, part 2 and part 3 are included in this fee. The optional part 4, being a certified facilitator with all the rights that go with that, costs € 90, – (ex. VAT) per year. Access to the above benefits and unlimited written coaching is included in this fee.
Send in the form to see if you are a match for this training! (No strings attached)